Building a website. Need interesting ideas. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Building a website. Working with a Web Designer to build it from the ground up.

What feature or content would you include to make it the best website in your opinion? I believe we have a sharp, intelligent, discerning and original group of individuals here.

Even if the idea is quirky, offbeat, or gut-busting funny, let's hear the input…
Last edited by tonys101 on 10 Sep 2009 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
By kraychik
My god, man.... you're asking for advice on how make yours the "best website", and you've neglected to mention anything about what your website is going to attempt to accomplish. Give people a LITTLE bit of information. It's really sad that I even have to mention this. :knife:
Last edited by kraychik on 10 Sep 2009 07:17, edited 1 time in total.
By Igor Antunov
You just provided us with as little info as possible. Any self respecting web designer would throw hot coffee in your face.
By tonys101
Quote:
"My god, man.... you're asking for advice on how make yours the "best website", and you've neglected to mention anything about what your website is going to attempt to accomplish. Give people a LITTLE bit of information. It's really sad that I even have to mention this."

Thinking about a website for DVDs, CDs, Books, and Audiobooks. Majority of the items 3 dollars or less. :D ;)

I value ideas that are sharp, intelligent, discerning and original. And even more so, I value ideas that are quirky, offbeat, funny and insightful. I value ideas from the best and the brightest, from as many viewpoints as I can get it. I believe that there are many talented minds here, and I want the website and its users to benefit from this talent.
By Oxymoron
Tony that sounds like a good idea, thanks I will use it.

RUNS TO HIS BatCAVE.
By Douglas
Use XHTML. Anyone who doesn't is a lazy ignorant sod. No more of the HTML nonesense.
By tonys101
Quote:
"Why would you start building a website before you have any idea what you want it to be about?"

Website not built yet. Right now idea stage.

I have some ideas about what I would like to accomplish, but I recognize that there are some truly remarkable individuals here.

With that being said. Any innovative ideas? I value and would appreciate any and all input…
By tonys101
Quote:
"Tony that sounds like a good idea, thanks I will use it."

Thanks, Oxy. ;)
By tonys101
Quote:
"Use XHTML. Anyone who doesn't is a lazy ignorant sod. No more of the HTML nonesense."

Yes, sir, I will not use HTML, I will use XHTML. :D ;)
By tonys101
Quote:
"Make sure you have a fantastic search engine."

Yes, sir. I will make sure of that. :)
By Aekos
Connect it somehow to the major "social networking" sites like Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter (ehh)
By tonys101
Quotes:
"Incorporate CSS to make your site easier to style and modify."
"Connect it somehow to the major "social networking" sites like Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter (ehh)"
"Forget HTML, if you aren't using PHP/SQL as the base, the HTML/XHTML/DHTML doesn't matter."

Good stuff, gentlemen! Naked woman does have its appeal, however, I plan on catering to families. :)
By Douglas
Forget HTML, if you aren't using PHP/SQL as the base, the HTML/XHTML/DHTML doesn't matter.

It blood well does. HTML is for cretins.

Would be boring without it though. Also how is[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you think US soldiers would conduct such suici[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 29, Monday Empire’s air training scheme ta[…]

BRICS will fail

Americans so desperate for a Cold War 2.0 they inv[…]