Whence misogyny? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By nonesuch
"Men fear women will laugh at them. Women fear men will kill them" Margaret Atwood

It's not at all apparent to me how misogyny takes hold of a man. Not infrequently, I have come across a man -or group of men- who offer as topic the devaluation of women. In a group this has something of the air of a secret society complete with esoteric understandings emphasized (figuratively) with mods and winks, affirmimg and transmitting the indisputable wisdom that all you need to know about women is that they want two things: Bling and Dick. But this is not misogynistic, just puerile. Nor have I ever seen a man savaged in love abstract from the experience(s) that "Women suck.". No, sooner rather than later they always get back into the game fully armoured though albeit, less shining.
In the Greek myth the hunter Actaeon accidentally espied the virgen goddess Artemis bathing. Perhaps his gaze lingered a tad too long and so the goddess turned him into a deer or, more precisely, if he spoke he would turn into a deer. He held silent for about five seconds, changed into a deer and was torn to pieces by his fifty or so hunting dogs. And perhaps this is a clue to the mystery which I find misogyny to be. It is not a disturbance or distortion of an over-active sexual libido but the existence and intensity of this libido In the 'psychic inventory' which nags, grips, and can hold in thrall a man's will. And women, as object of this libido...
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Nobody here is actually talking about Ukraine and […]

Quiz for 'educated' historians

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stab-in-the-back_myt[…]

Did you get confused by the use of a double negat[…]

That's what bankruptcy is for. What happens now[…]