Jamal Al Jamal - Assasinated??? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
The Palestinian Ambassador in Prague, CZ died the other day under "odd" circumstances.
The Palestinian ambassador to the Czech Republic died on Wednesday after suffering severe injuries caused by an explosive booby trap security system in a safe at his Prague residence that he apparently had triggered by mistake, the police reported. They said there was no indication the explosion was sabotage or a terrorist attack.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/02/world/europe/Palestinian-ambassador-dies-in-Prague.html
And then just a day later, this...
Prague (AFP) - Czech police said Thursday they had found unregistered weapons at the Prague residence of the Palestinian ambassador who was killed by an exploding safe on New Year's Day.

Czech and Palestinian investigators are probing the death of ambassador Jamal al-Jamal, although police in Prague said it appeared to be accidental rather than a terror attack.

"The blast was the result of inexpert handling of an explosive," Prague police chief Martin Vondrasek told public radio.

"I can't say specifically what weapons we have found. We can say they have not been registered in the Czech Republic," he added.

"From the very start the police have been working on the version that an explosive system was placed in the safe," police spokeswoman Andrea Zoulova told AFP.

"The question is what it was doing there," she said, but denied a media report the device was a bomb.

"A bomb is nonsense, I definitely wouldn't say that," she said, also refusing to identify the type of unregistered firearms police found at the residence.

http://news.yahoo.com/palestinian-diplomat-injured-prague-flat-blast-police-133952046.html
The article goes on about the incident, making sure to repeatedly mention these arms they found, even calling it an "arsenal".
Then the same day, this...
The mystery behind a booby-trapped safe that exploded and killed the Palestinian ambassador in Prague deepened Thursday with the diplomat's daughter rejecting accounts given by a Palestinian official and suggesting there could be more to the story.

Ambassador Jamal al-Jamal, 56, died Wednesday of massive injuries when an old embassy safe exploded. The career diplomat had only started his posting in October.

Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad Malki said Wednesday the safe had been inside the offices of the Palestinian Liberation Organization since the 1980s, and that it had been left untouched for more than 20 years. He also said no foul play was suspected.

But on Thursday, Palestinian Embassy spokesman Nabil El-Fahel contradicted Malki's statement when he told Czech radio that the safe had been in constant use.

There was no immediate explanation for the contradiction, but it raised an important question: If the safe had been in constant use, why didn't it explode before al-Jamal opened it?

"The Palestinian official account is baseless," the ambassador's daughter, 30-year-old Rana Al-Jamal, told The Associated Press in a telephone interview from Ramallah in the West Bank. "The safe box has been in regular use — my mom (who lives there) told me that. The box was moved a day earlier and apparently something happened in the way."

"We, the family, believe it is a crime, and we need to find out what happened."

She did not elaborate on what she thought may have occurred.

Police spokeswoman Andrea Zoulova said it appeared that the door of the safe had been booby-trapped, but it was unclear how al-Jamal tried to open it or what type of safe it was. It was also unclear what caused the safe to explode.

Followed by assurances by the local Czech police...the same police I used to bribe in order to escape various driving offenses back in the '90's...that there is no indication of any crime.

So...what does everyone think?
Is this a common accident?
Or does this sort of smell like an assassination by some national espionage agency?
The next few days should prove to be interesting.
I didn't "claim" anything Hirdmann.
I reported the news and proposed 2 possible reasons for it.
I do note that all "western" media are focused on these guns the Ambassador allegedly had...instead of the investigation of the blast.
Can you say "smoke screen"?
Buzz62 wrote:I didn't "claim" anything Hirdmann.
I reported the news and proposed 2 possible reasons for it.
I do note that all "western" media are focused on these guns the Ambassador allegedly had...instead of the investigation of the blast.
Can you say "smoke screen"?

You insinuated, and the post I'm quoting here proves that.
So, I say again: If you claim there's a conspiracy, go ahead and provide proof! I'm sure that Czech police would be delighted to get it.
Hirdmann wrote:You insinuated, and the post I'm quoting here proves that.
So, I say again: If you claim there's a conspiracy, go ahead and provide proof! I'm sure that Czech police would be delighted to get it.

The investigation seems to be still ongoing.
I know there has been noise about the possibility of this being an assassination.
I also see that there seems to be very little investigation of this.
Hence I wonder..."smoke screen"?
Buzz62 wrote:The investigation seems to be still ongoing.
I know there has been noise about the possibility of this being an assassination.
I also see that there seems to be very little investigation of this.
Hence I wonder..."smoke screen"?

Aaand, I repeat myself:
If you claim there's a conspiracy, go ahead and provide proof! I'm sure that Czech police would be delighted to get it.
They teach us to think, to read between the lines, and to reason from what people have written before. Maybe that sort of stuff is too advanced for someone like you, but for the rest of us, there's no problem
Deputy Palestinian Foreign Minister Taysir Jaradat said Sunday he met with his Czech counterpart and was asked about the weapons.

“We told them that these guns have been in the embassy for a long time — going back to the former regime of Czechoslovakia — and these guns were either licensed in the embassy or were given as gifts to the ambassador,” he told Voice of Palestine radio station Sunday.

“They are not in use.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2014/01/05/cache_of_weapons_found_at_prague_embassy_where_palestinian_ambassador_was_killed.html

So no, the weapons were not "smuggled" in...

He did not occupy czechoslovakia. The people ther[…]

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]