Jewish Members of Knesset plan to bar Arab MKs - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Benjamin Netanyahu's bill which will allow Jewish Members of the Knesset to expel Arab MKs passed its first vote yesterday. With a simple vote of 90 MKs Muslim members will be suspended from parliament.
http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Politics-And-Diplomacy/Knesset-approves-first-reading-of-MK-suspension-bill-449501
This is an Israeli version of democracy; a parliament that represents only Jews.
The bill also gives MK's the ability to ban other MK's who support say, Kach. But its quite obvious its aimed at Arab MK's given the system is balanced pretty much like how Israeli society is balanced.

This appears to be just another stepping stone in Israel's long history of sidelining non-Jewish Israelis.
At first I thought you, Heinie, were exaggerating with the title until I took a closer look at the article. I notice not only does it have a little list of stipulations for allowing members of the Knesset to be barred, but if they challenge the idea of Israel being a "Jewish state" that's also grounds too. Other bourgeois democracies might as well have official rules, too, like American congressmen only being allowed to serve if they recognize "America as a white, Christian nation".
Netayanhu is a disgrace who is intentionally destroying any dim hope for peace between Arabs and Jews. The 2015 election really was the last chance to salvage this situation.
Measures like these are really quite shocking!

You realise just how far ahead Israel is of the Arab and Muslim world in terms of liberty, democracy and human rights. However this is not a time for arrogance and complacency on Israel's part. They really need to learn a little bit of humility. There's still much they can learn from Bashar Assad on how to deal with Sunni Muslim terrorists.

However I would like to hear the American presidential candidates comment on these measures.

@Potemkin do you remember the standard example f[…]

The restrictions imposed by the IDF and Israeli g[…]

Waiting for Starmer

Well, there wasn't much waiting. Starmer is coming[…]