Election Watch - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Sephardi
So there will be 27 seats overall? Why not just have 50... We already have around 80 votes. We could actually even do with 100 seats, but I think 50 would be best, 27 is too weird of a number.
By pikachu
Bosnjak spoiled the ballot, although I don't think he's been trying to. He claims to have somewhat fascistic views, so I don't think he could have voted for the communists. One less right-wing vote.
By ingliz
Sephardi:

We do not have enough active players to support a 50 seat parliament, never mind one with a 100 seats. The game collapsed last time it was tried.
By Demosthenes
ingliz wrote:Sephardi:

We do not have enough active players to support a 50 seat parliament, never mind one with a 100 seats. The game collapsed last time it was tried.

Yeah, and THAT won't be repeated.

Sephardi wrote:So there will be 27 seats overall? Why not just have 50... We already have around 80 votes. We could actually even do with 100 seats, but I think 50 would be best, 27 is too weird of a number.

Why not have 50? Because 50 people don't REGULARLY attened to the sim on a day-to-day basis. About 12-20 do. As it's structured now, those who want to play casually, can pop in, throw in their voices about a given issue, then leave it to those who play regularly to figure it all out.

WIth way more seats everything gets bogged down while you wait for various members to return from fishing trips, finish homework, wank, whatever...

Also, if you'd read the constitution you agreed to when you voted (Meaning no changes are going to happen until a government takes power, you'd understand that the number of seats can increase based on the number of voters). ;)
By Gnote
The seat thing has been hashed and re-hashed.

I am extremely confident in the method we've chosen. It makes perfect sense to me.

One thing I'm not clear on - how long does the election last before the results are finalized?
By Brio
Gnote wrote:One thing I'm not clear on - how long does the election last before the results are finalized?

Demosthenes in the voting thread wrote:As the official opening of the voting will run from Friday, May 8 at 12:00pm CDT (-5 GMT) to Monday, May 11 at 12:00pm CDT
By Demosthenes
I've noticed there is confusion there as well.

The official end time and date is Monday 12 noon CDT (GMT-5), though voting started early I think it's reasonable enough to keep the ending time, unless the Clerk of Parliament overrides this for some pressing reason.

The official call is actually his, and I won't make it unless he is unavailable.

Edit- that crafty dog Brio beat me to it.
By ingliz
++Update++

84 votes 1 seat added

SN/RF (39.3%): 12

PNL (19.0%): 6

THP (15.5%): 4

SLD (14.3%): 4

CA (4.8%): 1

PoP (3.6%): 1

LC (3.6%): 1

Votes 84 : 29 Seats

The next party to obtain a seat would be THP instead of PNL for 1 votes.
By Demosthenes
Comrade Ingliz, I count 81 votes with at least one added since your last count, Who have I missed this time? (note the disallowed SLD voter)

Code: Select allSLD - 10 - Dillpill, Ombrageux, Karl Bonner 1982, Infidelis, Zagadka, Arbiter Azariah, Gnote, Cartertonian, Nattering Nabob, Nets

PNL- 16  - Dr. House, Dave, Cheesecake, Smashthestate, Yobbo, watermoon, Truth-a-naut, Oxymoron, Alpha/S., noeman, Annatar, MaverickWhig, Samikuntar, LehmanB, Swagman, Oddity

SN-RF- 34 - Wiam, Zyx, Honi, MistyTiger, Le Rouge, Ingliz, Gletkin, TiG, Vladimir, Vigil of Reason, Mikolaj, FallenRaptor, Subversive Rob, Mazhi, Potemkin, Red_Army, Holt, albonfagan, Lensky1917, Sapper, SpiderMonkey, KurtFF8, Decky, Brio, Demosthenes, Red Star, Pikachu, Kasu, *Bosnjak (pending clarification), Vera Politica, psyche, Fitzy* (pending eligibility), Luxemburgs_Pastry_Chef, Skinster

PoP - 3 - Fasces, Kilgore, Donald,

THP - 12 - Falx, Thunderhawk, Tailz, Igor Antunovic, Godstud, Andres, Doomhammer, Vanasalus, Aekos, Shah, MB, Muslim

LC - 3 - RonPaulAlways, CanadianCapitalist, MichaelUJ

CA - 4 - Dan, NYYS, Sephardi. Russian_Guy

My total: 81 votes.
By Brio
Delete.

I see you got Red Star counted at a later time.
By ingliz
SLD - Okonkwo

SN/RF - Chef,

PNL - missy, Holding

and I counted the SLD spoilt ballot

Donald's out but Figlio's in
Last edited by ingliz on 09 May 2009 23:04, edited 4 times in total.
By Dr House
Andres wrote:Demos, you are still counting noemon for PNL, when he voted for THP

That is an awesome looking GIF you just linked to, Andres. :lol:
By ingliz
I make it 85 votes

SLD - 11

PNL - 17

SN/RF - 34

THP - 13

PoP - 3

LC - 3

CA - 4
By Demosthenes
Sheez...I'm a terrible clerk. :(

Apologies to all who were missed or wrongly counted.

This better?:

Code: Select allSLD - 11 - Dillpill, Ombrageux, Karl Bonner 1982, Infidelis, Zagadka, Arbiter Azariah, Gnote, Cartertonian, Nattering Nabob, Nets, Okonkwo

PNL- 16  - Dr. House, Dave, Cheesecake, Smashthestate, Yobbo, watermoon, Truth-a-naut, Oxymoron, Alpha/S, Annatar, MaverickWhig, Samikuntar, LehmanB, Swagman, Oddity, missy

SN-RF- 34 - Wiam, Zyx, Honi, MistyTiger, Le Rouge, Ingliz, Gletkin, TiG, Vladimir, Vigil of Reason, Mikolaj, FallenRaptor, Subversive Rob, Mazhi, Potemkin, Red_Army, Holt, albonfagan, Lensky1917, Sapper, SpiderMonkey, KurtFF8, Decky, Brio, Demosthenes, Red Star, Pikachu, Kasu, *Bosnjak (pending clarification), Vera Politica, psyche, Fitzy, Luxemburgs_Pastry_Chef, Skinster

PoP - 3 - Fasces, Kilgore, Donald,

THP - 13 - Falx, Thunderhawk, Tailz, Igor Antunovic, Godstud, Andres, Doomhammer, Vanasalus, Aekos, Shah, MB, Muslim, noeman

LC - 3 - RonPaulAlways, CanadianCapitalist, MichaelUJ

CA - 4 - Dan, NYYS, Sephardi. Russian_Guy

My total: 84 votes.

Hopefully?
By ingliz
Holding - PNL

PoP - Donald's scrubbed his vote, Figlio's replaced him

ps. Donald has now voted PNL

++Update++

SN/RF (39.3%): 12

PNL (21.3%): 6

THP (15.7%): 5

SLD (12.4%): 3

CA (4.5%): 1

PoP (3.4%): 1

LC (3.4%): 1

Votes 89 : 29

The next party to obtain a seat would be SLD instead of THP for 1 votes.
Last edited by ingliz on 10 May 2009 10:09, edited 4 times in total.
By Sephardi
How are you getting these number of seats for Parliament. Can somebody show me the thread where this was discussed.
By ingliz
We are using the d'Hondt calculus the same as last time.
By HoniSoit
Sephardi wrote:How are you getting these number of seats for Parliament. Can somebody show me the thread where this was discussed.

I think some of the discussion is in the GM discussion thread which you can take a look at.
Last edited by HoniSoit on 10 May 2009 09:45, edited 1 time in total.

That’s not what Hitler found in 1939-1945. :) Hi[…]

Weird of you to post this, you always argued that[…]

World War II Day by Day

Not legally dubious at all. I suspect there's a[…]

No, this was definitely not true for the first th[…]