Official SN-RF Party Thread (Members Only) - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By The Immortal Goon
All looks well to me.
By Subversive Rob
But I don't think non-MPs could be ministers.

I think the problem with this is that given the small size of our parliament, the absence of a second chamber and the presumably large(ish) number of ministerial positions it might be quite difficult to find enough people to fill them.

But actually this is simply a problem of maths that I haven't properly tried to work out yet.
By HoniSoit
Rob wrote:I think the problem with this is that given the small size of our parliament, the absence of a second chamber and the presumably large(ish) number of ministerial positions it might be quite difficult to find enough people to fill them.

Yes, it definitely could be a problem especially since we're likely to get a minority government with few MPs.

Though if we can get at least 7 or 8 MPs, we probably could just fill all the ministerial positions if we win the government.
By ingliz
I think the problem can be solved by a willing bureaucracy, the spokesmen and deputies who aren't MP's, providing detailed policy briefs for our overworked ministers.

ps. But remember it is only a simulation.....
By Zyx
Maybe for the 'confidence vote' we ought to try to negotiate key ministry positions.

Any key ministries that we should try to attain?

[let's try not to make the obvious PM reference.]

Also, can we summarize and link updates in the Sim here.

Maybe we should have an intelligence chief who briefs us on the outer goings of this thread?

Maybe even a non-minister who lurks [espionage] around in other threads?

[Many of us don't want to each individually follow every single thing . . ..]

Anyone want to volunteer to following the GM Council (maybe our representative there ought to,) the PUC {or other parties} etc.?
By ingliz
According to Gnote's rules we will be the "Government" by the simple fact we will be the largest party in Parliament.
By Brio
Well as long as we get the same amount of support as we did in the last election, right?
By ingliz
Yes as long as we get the same amount of support. I will be happier when the new rules are posted later tonight and then we will know exactly where we stand.

The elections have been provisionally called for tomorrow at 12 noon (-5 GMT)

ps. THP-PNL-CA-LC-POP - The fascists are coming out to play (The LC thread).
By MistyTiger
Zyx wrote:Anyone want to volunteer to following the GM Council (maybe our representative there ought to,) the PUC {or other parties} etc.?

I'll volunteer, just so I'm in the loop.

Are we all set in terms of nominations?
By Mazhi
So have we determined if women are allowed to vote yet?
By HoniSoit
MistyTiger wrote:Are we all set in terms of nominations?

It is still subject to change. Depends on how many seats we get and who has the time to play the sim.
By Zyx
Ok, guys, we need party spies [people who go to other party threads to report to the main caucus, this thread.]

Anyone want to spy on the LC or the PUC?
By ingliz
The time of the ballot's opening is confused so be prepared to vote again once I get an official ruling
By Mazhi
I voted for SN-RF. Now where's my cookie?
By Subversive Rob
I think we need to start preparing a legislative agenda and some proposal for if we win power.
By Mazhi
Xiexie!

/eats cookie

I think we need to start preparing a legislative agenda and some proposal for if we win power.

Who are we prepared to ally with this time?
By HoniSoit
Mazhi wrote:Who are we prepared to ally with this time?

Preferably no one. We may be able to work with SLD on some issues but I cannot see any possibility of an alliance with anyone.

Mazhi wrote:Xiexie!

Bu ke qi. Hao chi ma?

Rob wrote:I think we need to start preparing a legislative agenda and some proposal for if we win power.

We're still at the early stage of the election. But what do you think? I have thought previously to propose some mild labour bills first as a symbolical gesture.

I think that if anyone cared about the subject th[…]

The usa is a global hegemony dedicated to serve J[…]

@Pants-of-dog is so concerned about civilians ki[…]

@Pants-of-dog does not refute the claim that he […]