Election Watch - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Demosthenes
Donald-

I purposely posted the constitution in the first page of the voting thread. Just read up on it. It's all there.

It is possible, I think, to gain an MP seat with only 2 votes, but it pretty much takes 3 to attain one.

Ingliz has the formula down pat...It's slightly confusing to me, though I think I understand how it works...for the most part...It's an adaption of the same system we used before, just tuned slightly to adjust the total number of seats. It has to do with what percentage of the vote a party receives of the total number of votes.
By Zyx
Donald, your party only has one seat anyway. 8)
By ingliz
++Update++

72 votes means an extra seat is added

SN/RF (40.3%): 11

PNL (18.1%): 5

THP (16.7%): 4

SLD (13.9%): 3

PoP (4.2%): 1

LC (4.2%): 1

CA (2.8%): None

Votes 72 : 25 Seats

The next party to obtain a seat would be SLD instead of PNL for 1 votes.
By Donna
It's funny, everyone who wanted to do away with bloc voting did so because it 'discouraged' participation. Now you're phasing active players out of the game :lol: God forbid casual and less hard core players want to play as well, which the whole bloc voting thing kind of complimented (as well as little details like, oh say, the election results).
By HoniSoit
Donald wrote:Now you're phasing active players out of the game

Donald - it's not just a problem for your party or the CA. It's actually a bigger problem for SN-RF since we have many more active members than the actual number of seats allocated to us. However, not formally seated as a MP doesn't mean you couldn't participate in the simulation. For example, internal party discussion needs to be carried out, MPs should hear others' opinions and together MPs and non-MPs could work out policy initiatives and how to respond to government's proposals etc..
By Falx
Well had some people been more supportive of my aborted coalition we would have formed government by percentages to parties instead of this. However no one cared enough and instead in the GM council we trusted. And it's turning out very nicely so far.
By ingliz
What is your problem? The seats for each Party are allocated proportionate to their % share of the total vote.
By Demosthenes
Which is JUST like it was in the last election, that method HAS NOT changed one bit. Only the number of seats.
By Falx
The seats for each Party are allocated proportionate to their % share of the total vote.

And that's why a party with a non-zero percentage gets no seats?

I still don't understand why in the day and age of calculators we can't use fractions in parliament.
By Donna
Changing the number of seats in parliament changes everything.

I don't even remember voting on any of this shit. Who the fuck are you people.
By ingliz
What changes? except that a seat is actually allocated to a player and all votes now carry equal "weight" in the House.
By HoniSoit
Should have been a blind ballot.

That's what we tried initially but people began to cheat.
By ingliz
SN/RF (38.8%): 11

PNL (18.8%): 5

THP (16.3%): 4

SLD (15.0%): 4

PoP (3.8%): 1

LC (3.8%): 1

CA (3.8%): 1

Votes 80 : 27 Seats

The next party to obtain a seat would be THP instead of SN/RF for 2 votes.
Last edited by ingliz on 09 May 2009 17:43, edited 2 times in total.
By Demosthenes
They were already talking about that...

It'd at least be interesting.

Spoken like a true anthropologist. This is a pers[…]

You probably think Bill nye is an actual scientis[…]

@Pants-of-dog intent is, if anything, a key comp[…]

As for Zeihan, I didn't hear anything interesting[…]