What is the Gov.'s position on Marijuana, - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Can you guys draft legislation for that so that we don't have to deal with the archaic laws of our former regime anymore?
By Zyx
Talk to the related minister, Cheesecake_Marmalade. You can even offer to help out on the drafting--to better our chances of passing it, and to your liking, you see. By the way, these concerns should be put in the Lobby.
By MB.
The Lobby is for MPs only.
By Zyx
Hmm, I guess that makes sense.

Theoretically, it'd be best if you were to circulate this question within your party, create a draft and send it to the relevant minister in power.

If it's easier and preferable, I can discuss with the MPs in the Lobby what they want. Maybe we can compromise and have a Parliamentary secretary's office where non-MPs can interact with MPs. Of course, I can't tell if this may interfere with the party thread. Hmm. :hmm:
By MB.
I don't have any party affiliations.
By Zagadka
Our platform stated that we favor legalization and taxation of all drugs.

This is what I would support, but maybe on a more broad level (with more drugs being accepted). For now, though, MJ is a good starting place.
By Zyx
Hmm, MB., I'll talk with the MPs, then.

Maybe you should write a letter to the Gazette!

The Gazette is naturally supposed to reach the MPs.
By MB.
write a letter to the Gazette!

How do you propose doing this?
By Zyx
You send a letter to Demosthenes. That's in the game rules, I believe. (I checked, it isn't.)

Anyway, sending a PM to Demosthenes should clear things up.

Tell him to amend the rules to reflect this, too.
By Demosthenes
Zyx has it right. Though anyone may take advantage of the...web press and post something on their own as part of the tabloids.

Official news go through the gazette.

Also, any discussion may be had by simply creating a new thread. In this case it would be to garner popular support on the proposed MJ legislation.
By Demosthenes
Absolutely.
By Zyx
Demosthenes wrote:Also, any discussion may be had by simply creating a new thread.

There should be channels for discussions for non-MPs. I'd propose strictly the Gazette.

That way, we get the issue in a brief comment and the MPs can discuss it in the Parliamentary Lobby.
By Dr House
I actually believe that the Lobby should be opened to non-PMs as well, as there are active party members in every party that do not have parliament seats.
By Zyx
Letters to the Gazette would be fine.

It doesn't make sense that a non-MP would talk with an MP on legislation or what have you. That's like one of us chatting with Congresspeople and in Congress. I don't know if it makes sense.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Actually, many of the non-MPs have carved out important and unobscure RP stories. For example, my character is a millionaire who has his own newsletter.

So it does make sense if political activists/lobbyists are cozying it up with MPs.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iymz8WhK3lE I was […]

Exactly. I think this is the caution to those tha[…]

You probably think Bill nye is an actual scientis[…]

@Pants-of-dog intent is, if anything, a key comp[…]