Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 768 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Beren wrote:I'd expect the elite rather than the population to do something, even the people themselves may rather expect the elite to do something. A palace coup or something like that.

Nah, Putin killed off or scared off most of the elite. I know it needs one or a couple but right now doesn't look like it. It was done decently okay, they killed off some, they let some exit with little assets and some got scared by that. The top government leadership are still his buddies.

It doesn't mean that there isn't significant discontent but it is manageable. Same goes for the regular people to a lesser degree. But nobody really knows when it will explode. So in that regard, mass cannon fodder usage is very distabilizing when it gets cannon foddered.
By Beren
JohnRawls wrote:Nah, Putin killed off or scared off most of the elite. I know it needs one or a couple but right now doesn't look like it. It was done decently okay, they killed off some, they let some exit with little assets and some got scared by that. The top government leadership are still his buddies.

It doesn't mean that there isn't significant discontent but it is manageable. Same goes for the regular people to a lesser degree. But nobody really knows when it will explode. So in that regard, mass cannon fodder usage is very distabilizing when it gets cannon foddered.

As long as Putin can keep the elite at bay the masses can't do much because Moscow will be mostly spared from conscription, and there's no real mass revolt in Russia without the capital. In my opinion, though, Muscovites wouldn't resist a palace coup taking place in the Kremlin.
Beren wrote:As long as Putin can keep the elite at bay the masses can't do much because Moscow will be mostly spared from conscription, and there's no real mass revolt in Russia without the capital. In my opinion, though, Muscovites wouldn't resist a palace coup taking place in the Kremlin.

Good question, Moscovites are already the largest group to suffer the hardest consequences of the war. The benefits of the war are only for military industry which is located far away from Moscow. The people in Moscow is the one who feels the inflation, less private sector or business etc the most. Economically they are way off compared to what it used to be and they know it and it keeps getting worse and worse.
By Beren
JohnRawls wrote:Good question, Moscovites are already the largest group to suffer the hardest consequences of the war. The benefits of the war are only for military industry which is located far away from Moscow. The people in Moscow is the one who feels the inflation, less private sector or business etc the most. Economically they are way off compared to what it used to be and they know it and it keeps getting worse and worse.

Their economic woes, which afflict the elite as well, will make them supportive enough to a palace coup to trigger the elite to act sooner or later. I'd bet the next coup attempt to oust Putin will be successful.
Beren wrote:Their economic woes, which afflict the elite as well, will make them supportive enough to a palace coup to trigger the elite to act sooner or later. I'd bet the next coup attempt to oust Putin will be successful.

Russia is sleep walking in to an economic disaster as it is. Most don't realise it yet. They are sacrificing everything to pump the industry even a bit but that is not going to help. Militarily it is a stalemate and won't change for Russia. It might change for Ukraine but not Russia. But all that is happening at the sacrifice of the economic growth even right now. Civilian industries are not growing and declining besides resource extraction and processing which are vague names for materials for the military and processing of materials in to military products which is value destruction.

Macroeconomy will fail first then the general economy close to follow.

Basically it played out that way. At the start I thought that it was the plan to not give Ukraine too much equipment for Russia to be mowed down without Russia wasting a lot more resources than it does now but that seems to be not the case actually. Regular political squables and slow build up caused that and now the numbers for our production are growing and will continue growing. Basically nobody took Russia seriously after their initial push failed and thought that they will just throw in the towel. Which they didn't.

Basically the overhype of Ukranian offensive number 3 which stalled and didn't do much besides killing more cannon fodder on the Russian side has brought the current state that Russia for some reason again is more confident. Long term this is actually not bad, since they are sleep walking forward without a way out while thinking that they do. And the aid is slowly increasing also from West and US, the only thing that makes it look like its worse are the political squables right now between Republicans and Democrats about the budget. In EU Orban is a bit of a problem but we already circumvented him.
By litwin
Beren wrote:Their economic woes, which afflict the elite as well, will make them supportive enough to a palace coup to trigger the elite to act sooner or later. I'd bet the next coup attempt to oust Putin will be successful.

Trap! :lol:

Yeah, really easy to get Muscovite citizenship ONLY if you join the Special Military Operation. :lol:

GREAT NEWS ! Muslim Arab- Africans AD got over a million views. It says that there are not enough men in Moscow empire due to war and so there are many brides available, it's quite easy to obtain a Muscovite citizenship and child support and preferences are good

:lol:

Sandzak wrote:Russia offered several times peace, now is Russia a millitary factory who outproduces the NATO... Russia will take Kiev and Lviv no matter how long it takes.

Its beliefs like this that sustain this largely futile war. Over the last year gains by either side have been minimal for enormous cost. The Liberal love to conjure up this false choice between destroying Russia and accepting Ukraine and more will be wiped off the map.

If the Russians take Avdiivka in the next few weeks that would surely be a fairly rational point to institute a cease fire. I see there are claims that Russia has now captured the vast bulk of Marinka. One of the main reasons that Igor had to leave the forum was because he claimed that they Russians had captured Marinka and I made it clear that I was going to keep calling him out on this lie. It may not have started as a lie. It may have been a genuine mistake, a false report, but the inability to admit an error turned it into a lie and then into a ridiculous lie.
By litwin
The curse is that Finland will become like the Baltic countries? That is a much higher bar than Moscow ulus can ever aspire to. Estonia is ranked 14th among the least corrupt nations in the world. And Moscow ulus ? It ranks 137th. This PROPAGANDACONDOM just proves TO EVERYONE that Moscow ulus is the aggressor....

By litwin
QatzelOk wrote:Palestine is being targeted for "expansion" but, according to you, there is no resistance to this.

Likewise, Russia is not resisting the expansion of NATO, and China is not resisting the Western expansions of South Korea, Japan, and other Asian vassal states of the West.

How can you not notice the resistance, JohnRawls? Do you have a "resistance-blocker app" on your computer?

ANY COMMENT ON THIS STORY ? :lol:

By litwin

Queues for food reminiscent of Soviet times have returned to Russia. This morning, hundreds of Saratov residents gathered in long lines at the Saturday fair in order to buy eggs at the recommended price of 78 rubles per dozen.

Beren wrote:What a pity Berlin wasn't captured by the Ukrainian Front.

Well Konev got to replace Zhukov a year later, so the Byelorrusian Front's victory over the Ukrainian Front could be said to have been a Pyrrhic one.

If Harris doesn’t choose Shapiro for VP, I will […]

Actually Negotiator, the reason why Trump is so p[…]

Musk can suck on a big black rubber dick. Serious[…]

Because when you go to the DMV to get an adult […]