Iran is going to attack Israel - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15311850
The US is warning that Iran is closer than ever to making a final decision on attacking Israel. They want to revenge the deaths of the Iranian military commanders who were killed by an Israeli airstrike early this month at an Iranian embassy in Syria. They have been warning for days that this is about to happen.

And because of that, look at the stock market! They are crashing because of fears that the war in the Middle East will escalate into this conflict.

And this will impact gas prices. All over in the news, gas is going up, and we might be hitting well over $5 by summer because of this!

I do not like Biden's policies on the Middle East. He is completely destroying the economy by letting oil and gas prices skyrocket through the roof, worsening inflation. Things were a bit better when Obama was President, and even though gas prices was still high during his first term because of the conflict in Libya and elsewhere, overall inflation did not reach 9%. During Trump, gas was hovering around $3 throughout his presidency, and inflation was somewhere between 2% and 3%.

I hope Iran doesn't attack Israel with missiles because we don't want this economy to be destroyed by this fear of war! This would get the US involved and certainly, gas will be going up to $6, $7, or $8 a gallon.
#15311854
Iran can mobilize 12 million Soldiers (Pasdaran, Army and Basiji)... and fire 100 000 rockets within 1 Minute...


Israel wants a conffontation to drag the USA in the war... Israel does not play in the same league like Iran... Israel has huge trouble waging war against militias...
#15311981
The stock market is going to drop big because of reports that Iran just launched an attack on Israel, if this is true. Don't know much of casualities on the Israeli side. Inflation is going to go back up because oil prices is going to skyrocket because of all of this, which would lead to gas going back above $5 a gallon.
#15312003
AFAIK wrote:If Americans are so sensitive the price of fuel, which hasn't seen a tax rise in decades, why do they suffer from such high rates of motobesity?

Because they want the best of everything, and plenty of it. Or else.
#15312005
So what has happened here? Iran has crossed a line here in openly and directly attacking Israel, but it has done it in response to a blatant act of war by Israel. Obviously its early days. We'll have to see if there's more attacks or a counter counter response by Israel or the Biden administration. Cui Bono? While we can't be certain my guess would be Benjamin Netanyahu. Oh and of course Russia. :lol: I guess Zelesnky can kiss good bye to a big infusion of air defence systems into Ukraine any time soon.
#15312021
So Iran launched like 300 shaheed drones and ballistic missiles and didn't manage to hit anything, everything got intercepted and only some debrees hit something. Uhm, I hope people understand how much of a technological overmatch there is now between Iran and NATO/Israel or Russia and NATO? Russia is also essentially firing the same missiles and drones, the only "more advanced" rocket that Russia posses is the Kalibr missile which is also interceptable.

And by Russian standards 300 is a lot for example, usual attacks from Russia are like 50 and on good days may be 80-90.
#15312026
JohnRawls wrote:So Iran launched like 300 shaheed drones and ballistic missiles and didn't manage to hit anything, everything got intercepted and only some debrees hit something.


Source for this is of course just Israel's claims. And even Israel admits some minor damage to a military base.

Uhm, I hope people understand how much of a technological overmatch there is now between Iran and NATO/Israel or Russia and NATO? Russia is also essentially firing the same missiles and drones, the only "more advanced" rocket that Russia posses is the Kalibr missile which is also interceptable.

And by Russian standards 300 is a lot for example, usual attacks from Russia are like 50 and on good days may be 80-90.


Well of course. Russia has much higher capacities than a place like Iran. A major difference though is that what we're seeing in the Russia/Ukraine conflict is an actual all out war where Russia is trying to topple the government and take territory, whereas Iran said that they wanted this to be a "slap" to Israel and immediately said that they've "concluded" their operations and want to de-escalate.
#15312027
Russia can attack with impunity because it sits on a shit ton of nukes, while Ukraine has none and Western leaders are chicken shits.

Iran has to be more careful.
Last edited by Rugoz on 14 Apr 2024 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
#15312028
KurtFF8 wrote:Source for this is of course just Israel's claims. And even Israel admits some minor damage to a military base.



Well of course. Russia has much higher capacities than a place like Iran. A major difference though is that what we're seeing in the Russia/Ukraine conflict is an actual all out war where Russia is trying to topple the government and take territory, whereas Iran said that they wanted this to be a "slap" to Israel and immediately said that they've "concluded" their operations and want to de-escalate.


You must be on drugs to not have noticed the massive Russian strategic destruction campaign that has been going for several years now.
#15312029
Rugoz wrote:Russia can attack with impunity because it sits on a shit ton of nukes while Ukraine has none and Western leaders are chicken shits.

Iran has to be more careful.


That is one part of it, another part of it is that we refuse to deliver systems that we might need ourselves for ourselves to defend Europe or US against what? Aliens? Russian army is already busy in Ukraine as of right now. And its not exactly like Taiwan needs artillery shells in case of an invasion for example.
#15312030
Rugoz wrote:and Western leaders are chicken shits.


Sadly it's the opposite. Leaders like Macron have been dangerously escalating their rhetoric and involvement in the conflict which risks WWIII.

JohnRawls wrote:You must be on drugs to not have noticed the massive Russian strategic destruction campaign that has been going for several years now.


What?
#15312031
KurtFF8 wrote:Sadly it's the opposite. Leaders like Macron have been dangerously escalating their rhetoric and involvement in the conflict which risks WWIII.



What?


So you are pretending that you don't know that Russians fire like 20 drones daily at strategic targets and on intervals add ballistic missiles when they manage to produce some for a week or two for the last 2 years or so now? You don't know that Kharkiv is without power right now because Russians started hitting Electric production for the last 3 weeks now? What is your argument here? That you are not aware of this at all?
#15312033
E_GoBig wrote:
The stock market is going to drop big because of reports that Iran just launched an attack on Israel, if this is true.

Don't know much of casualities on the Israeli side. Inflation is going to go back up because oil prices is going to skyrocket because of all of this, which would lead to gas going back above $5 a gallon.



Don't bet the farm.

Maybe, we produce most of our own oil, so we don't get hit as hard as countries that don't produce their own energy.

The Iranian attack didn't accomplish much. Prices here prob won't go up much.

"However fierce and painful the initial market reaction will be, the rally could prove to be short-lived unless supply from the region is materially disrupted."

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/oil-seen-opening-up-after-irans-attack-israel-further-gains-may-depend-response-2024-04-14/
#15312035
JohnRawls wrote:So you are pretending that you don't know that Russians fire like 20 drones daily at strategic targets and on intervals add ballistic missiles when they manage to produce some for a week or two for the last 2 years or so now? You don't know that Kharkiv is without power right now because Russians started hitting Electric production for the last 3 weeks now? What is your argument here? That you are not aware of this at all?


How does anything I wrote imply I don't know any of that?
#15312037
Regardless of actual military significance, direct Iranian strikes on Israel for the first time now make Iran the de facto leader of the Islamic world.

This is something which is most important, and in logical keeping with the nature of the regime installed with the Iranian Islamic Revolution of 1979.

Which continues on its inevitable and predetermined course.
#15312038
KurtFF8 wrote:How does anything I wrote imply I don't know any of that?


You implied that Russia is not conducting similar strategic strikes like Iran because Russia is doing a "government toppling operation"
#15312042
JohnRawls wrote:You implied that Russia is not conducting similar strategic strikes like Iran because Russia is doing a "government toppling operation"


Oh, yes the nature of Russia's war on Ukraine is indeed fundamentally different than what Iran just did. Russia does this kind of attack frequently and as part of a larger objective to win a war and replace the government of Ukraine. That is not at all what this attack by Iran on Israel was. This one was meant as a one off response.

@Puffer Fish Puffer, I can assure you that STE[…]

And I am sure that despite your reading you know […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

One of the reasons why Norway decided to recognize[…]

Yet... here we are. My husband learned a new vo[…]